Thursday, October 13, 2022

Ukraine in our hearts and souls

News from Ukraine is, too often, heartbreaking. I cheered when the Kerch Strait Bridge in Crimea was put out of commission (a prayer for the brave truck driver...) but realized retaliation was coming too. And the reaction of the perpetrators of this war has been to create further devastation, though the people of Ukraine continue to stand as strong as they can under the barrage. All we can hope and pray for seems to be a miraculous change of heart for the perpetrators, and continuing blessings and courage for the people of Ukraine as they live through hell on earth.

I'm sure we all know people who are affected by this, who have loved ones in Ukraine to worry about. So when I received an email from Irena asking me to promote a concert in support of Ukraine, I decided to share the information here, and wherever else I can. As Irena noted, the guardian angels of the Ukrainian people must be exhausted, so a little prayer, love, and fundraising here is something we can do to keep Ukraine and its people in our hearts and souls...


I leave you with a video that Irena sent of a song/prayer that will be sung at the October 29th concert, "A Ukrainian Prayer" by John Rutter. Powerful music that I hope to hear in person... maybe I'll see you there.

No comments: