It's been a funny sort of garden year. Very wet and quite chilly to start, and now it's finally warming up. Thinking I'd be home for most of the summer, I had dreams of staying on top of weeding, but the rain and mosquitoes nixed that. Still, we've put away enough beans till next summer, the carrots are outdoing themselves (as long as the mice/voles don't eat them all top down) and Lee has been a huge help with keeping the weeds to a dull roar, mostly. Turns out there are five pumpkins in the pumpkin patch (thankfully all fairly small) and though I won't have enough tomatoes to put away much sauce this year, we're enjoying them on our sandwiches and I should have some to take to my homeless folks.
The front yard is a jungle, like always, and it's been an incredible year for roses. Other than that, it was nice to not have to water every other day, and I'm grateful to Creator for what produce there is. The video below gives you an idea of what things are like. Email subscribers can click here.
Hope you've enjoyed your summer and the things that grow where you are!

No comments:
Post a Comment