Sunday, August 27, 2023

Roses for a Sunday

I've always loved roses, but it took me a while to plant them for myself. Our rosebushes remind me often to thank God for certain people in my life, and to say thank You, period... I still want some to remind me of my sisters and my best friend, but that will come, maybe next year.

For now, this Sunday morning reflection is about beauty, and family and friends who have given beauty to my life.

Blanc de Coubert reminds me of Lee
and our evening walks together.
Thank you God, for my partner in life.

Oscar Pederson is delicate but tough, like my daughter Suzanna.
Thank you, God, for her quiet strength in facing challenges.

Morden Sunrise is the rosette that I pinned
to Jay's lapel on their graduation day.
Thank you, God, for the many things they've taught me.

Olds College reminds me of my dear friends,
Ralph and Lidia, because I bought this rose
with birthday money she gave me.
Thank you God, for their friendship (and my
Sunday morning espresso in her pot!)

Fire Glow is my mother-in-law, Vivien's, rose.
Her heart burned with a lot of love.
Thank you, God, for her shining faith in you.

Never Alone is her husband Louis' rose. 
They grow side by side in my garden.
Thank you, God, for my father-in-law.

John Franklin came from my dear friend
Jocelyne, who I don't see nearly enough, 
but John reminds me to pray for her.

Prairie Joy is Christina's rose.
It was part of their wedding bouquet
and bloomed on their 4th anniversary, June 29th.
Thank you, God, for my go-getter eldest child.

Adeline is my dad's rose.
Thank you, God, for Dad, who makes your love comprehensible.

And I don't know the name of this rose,
but she's a beauty I call Hildegarde
because my mom gave her to me.
Thank you, God, for my mom-best-friend.

This Sunday morning, I'm counting my roses, and my blessings!

No comments: