Sunday, March 9, 2014

A gorgeous Sunday song

Tonight's Taizé Prayer will take place at St. Luke's Anglican Church (8424 95 Avenue) at 7 p.m., and of course, all are welcome. I look forward to the day when people invite and bring neighbours from all denominations to pray as one, as Jesus intended, I suspect.

This is the first Taizé Prayer that I've organized and will miss, as I'm in Montreal at a L'Arche Emmaus retreat for assistants from communities across the country. I've spent the past week learning some gorgeous non-Taizé French songs for use at the retreat -- mostly thanks to my daughter's brilliant idea to check YouTube since I didn't have sheet music for some of them. This one below is an amazing piece by self-taught musician Jean-Claude Gianadda, easy to play on guitar, and with a refrain that can be sung as counter melody to the verses. When I hear it, I think about God's presence in the many beautiful moments of life -- love of family and friends, the beauty of our planet, the joys we experience. It's been stuck in my head for days, and I don't even mind. A perfect Sunday song, if you ask me. Enjoy!

No comments: