Friday, January 21, 2011

A spot of Spring



I don't know about you, but by the end of January, I like to have a few fresh growing things in my life. These pretty little narcissi often find their way onto my kitchen table this time of year. They come from Burnaby Lake Greenhouses in BC, and they make me happy. With all the grey winter skies we've been putting up with lately, they're a spot of Spring sunshine, good for the soul. Once they've died back, I cut them down and save the bulbs to be planted in the fall, often forgetting where they've been planted until they surprise me the next spring.

Today I'm also thinking about the seventy tulip bulbs I planted in October, imagining them slowly spreading their roots under over two feet of snow and four inches of soil. God did a great thing, creating spring bulbs!

No comments: