Monday, January 17, 2011

More snow

It's just not stopping out there. The winter wallop keeps walloping along, and the trees are just loaded. We're on our way to beating my memory's record of snow in Edmonton.


I took a lot of pictures on my walk to church yesterday morning, thinking I'd have a lot of beautiful things to post this morning. The only problem is that the overcast skies make the camera see grey in my photos, instead of the dazzling, beautiful whites that enthrall me so much. So I'll post a few shots here, and wait for the first sunny day to take some really stunning pictures (I hope).


See, this would be so much better with sunshine and blue sky!
But I'm afraid the wind will knock that snow down before I get the blue sky shot.
We'll see, I guess.


Nope, the camera just doesn't do the day justice. Next time I take this picture, there will be sparkles in that snow, I hope!

After church, Suzanna and I decided to have some fun with the seven foot piles of snow beside our driveway, and we spent about two hours building a snow fort of sorts. It has four doors, and seems pretty sturdy. The only problem is that there's another four inches of snow on the driveway today that I'll have to shovel over the top... filling up my path to the compost pile (if it's not already full...)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It only qualifies as a lot of snow if they close the U of A campus. That happened when I lived in Edmonton - perhaps that's why I didn't last a second winter??
-L. :)

Maria K. said...

I was teaching in Ponoka that year, and school was closed for a whole week!