Tuesday, July 25, 2023

And her name is...

Cornelia among the three sisters
 Cornelia! Kudos to my East Coast cousin, Claire, for her sense of humour... and I'll come up with a first prize of sorts. Honourable mention to Suzanne, my simplicity sister, who suggested TIDDA, which means sister in an Australian aboriginal language, and to Eleanor, a friend and faithful reader, who suggested Grandmother Fox, a mythical figure in indigenous stories of Turtle Island.

All three contest entrants will receive an I'm-not-yet-sure-what by mail at some point down the road, when the exact right thing crosses my path. It's out there somewhere!

In the meantime, Cornelia has withstood some pretty heavy rain storms and is doing a fine job of protecting the corn tops, though some of them are a bit worse for sparrow wear. Hopefully we'll have some nice full cobs in about a month's time!

Today's harvest...

No comments: