Sunday, March 26, 2023

Lazarus again

It's my favourite Sunday of Lent, Lazarus Sunday. But this year, as I think about Lazarus, who, for me, is forever linked to my friend Richard from L'Arche, the story is even more poignant.  

Richard (whose pseudonym was Harry in my other Lazarus Sunday posts) died unexpectedly a few months ago, leaving a gaping hole for those of us who loved him, but most especially for Hiro, our Japanese assistant who was Richard's most faithful and best friend. 

I spoke with Hiro recently, and he's still grieving, a sure sign of his love for Richard.

So today's repost of the L'Arche version of the Lazarus story is for Hiro. When Hiro reaches Resurrection and leaves his tomb, Richard will rush to meet him, unbind him from his sorrows, and they will both go free.

Please click here to revisit the story of Lazarus as some people in L'Arche know it. Many thanks to my friend, Carmel, for bringing it to my attention some years ago.

Blessings on this Lazarus Sunday.

No comments: