Monday, March 13, 2023

Monday Music Appreciation #4 -- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana by Mascagni

Have I mentioned that I love my job?

I've heard this beautiful piece by Mascagni many times, and twice in the last week at a concert called The Power of the Orchestra, curated and conducted by Maestro Michael Stern. He gave a brief synopsis of the opera (which has its share of drama, lust, revenge, violence, and disaster) -- with this gorgeous "Easter Sunday Morning" moment of quiet before everything goes downhill for the characters of Cavalleria Rusticana.

I won't say more than that, I'll just offer Mascagni's Intermezzo as a poignant and heart-breakingly beautiful Monday moment of music appreciation. The power of the orchestra, indeed! Enjoy!

And Happy Birthday to Jay!

No comments: