Sunday, January 15, 2023

Another good Sunday song

Farley has sung this song at Community of Emmanuel many times, but for some unknown reason, it touched me at a deeper level today. 

I wanted to share all four verses of Rita Springer's haunting melody that are printed in the ICPM songbooks, but this is the only video recording that I could find, with only the first and last verse. Perhaps the other verses came along after the recording was made? I've put all the lyrics we sing at Community of Emmanuel below this video so you can sing them for yourselves. A blessed Sunday to you!


Make me a prayer, let my prayer be a cry.
Humble my heart, so that you may draw nigh.
Cause me to stand and cry out for this land,
Cause me to be one who's set free
to stand as a house of prayer.

Make me a cup, your love spilled out through me.
Pour out my heart, let your people be free.
Cause me to share my heart and to care,
Cause me to be one who's set free,
who stands as a chalice of love.

Make me a flame, that your light may so shine.
Ignite my heart, let me blaze in the dark.
Cause me to burn my life for your word,
Cause me to be one who's set free,
who stands as a beacon in the night.

Make us a prayer, let our prayers be a cry.
Humble our hearts so that you may draw nigh.
Cause us to stand and cry out for this land,
Cause us to be a people set free,
to stand as a house of prayer.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful!! Thank you! And, bless you for sharing!!

Maria K. said...

This song has been stuck in my head all week this week... Maybe Someone is telling me that I need to pray more, and trust more in the power of prayer.