Sunday, January 1, 2023

A prayer for 2023

Happy New Year, friends!

This morning at the Community of Emmanuel, Pastor Jim shared a beautiful prayer that he wrote, and I asked him if I could share it here. Gracious fellow that he is, he agreed.

God of all times and places and beings,
as a new year begins,
keep us aware of the road we are called to walk,
a road where we
   welcome outcasts and refugees,
   heal a broken planet,
   feed the hungry,
   build bridges of trust, not walls of fear,
   share our gifts,
   seek justice and peace for all people,
   and bring Christ's light to the world. 
+Amen.
                                    -- Jim Gurnett

His sermon this morning, about the road we walk starting in this new year, used the word WALK as an acronym for how we can move through the year in God's presence. I loved this idea, and am sure he won't mind me sharing it as well:

W -- we walk in Wonder
A -- we walk in Appreciation
L -- we walk knowing that we are Linked to all other beings, and 
K -- we walk giving Kindness wherever we can along the way.

My prayer is that we all walk through the year 2023 in this good way!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Maria,

I want you to know that for many months since I signed up to Simple Moodlings I have enjoyed your blogs. I am commenting to say thank you.

Happy New Year wishes to you and your husband and your families. Blessings for all good things in life. Where ever you may tread and to where the Spirit may lead you, may your blessings multiple as you continue to bless so many others in many ways.

Proverbs 11:25 MSG The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.

Debbie



Debbie

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Maria! Thanks for sharing pastor Jim's message. I hope to more consciously WALK this coming year... Check up on me when we chat, Ok?! Auntie R,
r

Maria K. said...

Thank you, Debbie and Auntie R, for being faithful readers... so wonderful to share the journey with you both!