Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Reflection: On Being Beloved

Photo by Jude Beck on Unsplash
Today's reflection is brought to you by 
Acts 10:34-38.

You love us all,
O God.

Each one of us 
is your favourite child,
and so is all of creation.

Clearly, 
my heart is not so big as yours.

I only want to love 
the people who do good things,
who care for the oppressed,
who love their neighbours and pray for their enemies,
who love their enemies and pray for their neighbours.

But we are all 
your Beloved,
neighbours and enemies alike.

You are present 
in every single one of us,
and ask us to see 
your presence 
in each other
no matter who we are 
or how we behave.

Clearly, 
my heart is not so big as yours.

Loving our enemies... 
doesn't come easily.

Thank you for loving me, 
Beloved.

Enlarge my heart to love as you love.

+Amen.

No comments: