Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Garden moodlings and miracles

I'm tired. Good tired. I haven't been moodling here very much of late as it has been a week or two of serious gardening -- taking all the plants from the greenhouse (except for a dozen or so tomato plants to be given away) and transplanting them into the soil in various parts of the yard. They all have their homes now, and pretty much everything is in place except for peas and beans, which I'm holding back by two weeks as I don't want them to be ready for picking while we're on vacation. Here are some pictures from today:


Mostly tomatoes, with a few eggplants and peppers 
thrown in for the fun of it... and straw in between the boxes
thanks to my friend, Mark, and the local tobogganing hill...


cucumbers with trellis, thanks to my hubby...


tomato seeds planted March 2nd,
already fruiting, the first ones we'll eat...


Brussels sprouts, also planted March 2nd... 
an experiment...


carrots, planted one month ago today...


and we've already had a few good feeds of spinach...

My moodling as I work in the garden (musing, doodling -- where my mind goes) has been tied up in amazement and wonder at how things grow. Seeds are miracles. Hopefully, now that everything is planted, the rains will come -- and that's a miracle, too. 

But my best miracles are still my husband and kids. What do you consider your best miracles today?

No comments: