Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The beauty of solitude

Today is going to be a busy day... I have lots of running around to do. A walking workout with my neighbour, a bus ride to City Hall, where I'll answer questions about the ReUse Tree (all of its very cool ornaments are recycled rather than purchased items) and listen to school choirs sing. Then I'll have lunch with my hubby, and do a bit of RULES shopping (yesterday's moodling), perhaps, before I hurry home to put supper in the oven.

One of the things about the time leading up to Christmas is that, in all its busyness, we sometimes forget to allow ourselves time for peace and quiet, time to be alone. Though we may avoid it sometimes, solitude is good for us, and needs to be cultivated so that we can hear our own souls.

Tanya Davis and Andrea Dorfman have made a beautiful little video about How to Be Alone. In the midst of pre-Christmas planning and preparation, take a minute to appreciate Andrea and Tanya's excellent reminder to take care of ourselves, too -- maybe more than once. Enjoy!



No comments: