Monday, March 4, 2024

Monday Music Appreciation #25 -- A walking song

I had the pleasure of hearing James Keelaghan live on Saturday night, playing with the very talented Jez Lowe. It was a great concert, but it made me feel old when I did the math and realized that I've been a fan of James for over 35 years! He's written some great tunes in all that time, and I'm glad to know them. 

James is nominated for another Juno award this year for the album this tune comes from, Second-Hand. I love the positivity in the piece below, especially the chorus, given the times we live in:

Walk on, better days are comin'
Walk on, you don't have to walk alone
Hold on to the things you believe in
Keep on walkin' til we all get home.

You don't have to walk alone... we're all walking together. Enjoy!


No comments: