Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Spring beauty, spring miracles

I'm loving what's going on in the yard these days. There's so much blooming, and many seedlings poking through the ground. It's been fun walking around with my phone camera set to the macro image setting and taking pictures of things close up. To me, this kind of beauty is a miracle, but then, if you really think about it, EVERYTHING is a miracle.

I managed to get all of the garden planted on the weekend, and am glad I did because I hurt my foot yesterday and am staying off it for two days just to be on the safe side while the swelling goes down and I wait for x-ray results. I'm pretty sure it's not broken, just badly bruised. Since the weather is cool, the spinach can wait a few more days to be harvested, and hopefully it will rain to keep my pots watered, though I'm not holding my breath. Lately, the 30% chance of rain forecasted never seems to arrive in this neighbourhood, though I saw some water on the streets a few neighbourhoods over. 

Anyway, today is a lovely day for putting my feet up and reading an interesting book, something I rarely do in the month of June when there's so much to see and do outdoors. I'm grateful that my injury is minor, and looking forward to getting back outside to see more of what's below! Enjoy your week!

#ilovespringmiracles #everythingsamiracle

Perennial forget-me-nots

"Never Alone" rose

Stella D'Oro day lilies

Purple bearded iris

Striped multi-tulip (seven flowers on one stem!)

No comments: