Thursday, June 17, 2021

Special message for my readers

Sunset between Nanton and Claresholm

This blog platform recently informed me that the automatic email subscription service that brings Simple Moodlings directly to many of your inboxes is ending as of July. Which means that those of you who find my little love letters to the world among your emails soon won't unless I come up with an alternate strategy for putting them there. *****

This has led me to a bit of soul-searching. You may or may not have noticed that these moodlings are fewer and farther between in the last few years, even in the year before covid arrived. Part of the decline in my web logging effort has been due to the loss of my most faithful mother-in-law reader, part due to the development of other interests and to that low-grade corona virus fatigue I've mentioned before. So for the past weeks I've been asking myself, is it possible that I have nothing left to offer?

And the answer to that question will ever be a resounding NO! As long as we have this beautiful world to wonder at, I will be wanting to share it with my handful of readers, people who are special to me. Even Friday's roadside picture of the sunset (from a weekend visit with my dad-in-law) at the top of this moodling is worth sharing with you, in my books...

So Simple Moodlings is not riding off into the sunset.

I looked at my email subscribers' list this morning and am pretty sure I recognize at least seventy percent of the email addresses on it. Thank you for being there! And there are other readers who don't receive weekly emails but who tell me on occasion that they enjoyed something they happened to read when they made a point of visiting Simple Moodlings, or if I happened to cross post a moodling on other social media platforms. Thank you to you, too!

So... almost eleven years after it began, Simple Moodlings continues, perhaps more sporadically than in past years, but there's a difference. It won't just show up in readers' inboxes UNLESS you send me an email to let me know you want it there. 

***** Email "I'm In!" to simplemoodler@ gmail.com and I promise to get my moodlings to you one way or another. *****

And if you haven't been an email subscriber yet, now's your chance!

There's simply so much wonder to share, even just a little at a time. 

3 comments:

supersu said...

I'm IN always!

I have your blog loaded onto my blog reader: FEEDLY and it shows up automatically!

If it stops after July I will let you know

cheers/hugs
su

Vincent Castilino said...

I use feedly to keep track of all my favourite websites and blogs... Simple Moodlings, included!!
Happy to read your genuine down-to-earth experiences... keep moodling!!

Maria K. said...

Thanks, Su and Vincent! So glad that Feedly is getting through, and that you are enjoying what you read. Feedback is always appreciated!