Thursday, May 14, 2015

Simple Suggestion #234... Live in wonder

Spring might be the easiest time to cultivate a heart full of wonder... but really, anytime will do. Our modern media seem to promote the idea that cynicism equals sophistication, but I would say that wonder is better by far because it prevents us from taking life and all its incredible manifestations and blessings for granted. We can grumble and complain about its hassles, or we can look for the really amazing things that are happening all around us all the time:

the spark of life in a bug...
the smell of cut grass...
the intricacy of a snowflake...
the pattern in a piece of wood...
the taste of an apple...
the crispness of a printed page...
the warmth of a hug...
etcetera, etcetera...

I don't profess to be a great musician with my wobbly voice, but I'll take a chance and re-moodle my little music video with images of some of the things that fill me with wonder. It's been a while since I've even thought of it, and watching it again today made me happy. How my girls have grown! Another thing at which to wonder...


Why not marvel at something in your life today? Preferably outdoors, but if the weather isn't great, indoors will do. I've been wandering and wondering around our yard, planting tiny seeds that will become large plants to amaze us all, marveling at the pear blossoms on our tree, and picking a rainbow of tulips to wonder at on my kitchen table... Life is definitely more worth living when you wear a sense of wonderment!


P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Click here.

No comments: