Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sunday reflection: More on Compassion

I know, I missed moodling here on Thursday this past week... because it's just a busy season. With garden and volunteering and our L'Arche AGM on my plate, lately it's hard to find time to turn on the computer. So I'm moodling in my head, and perhaps I'll get some of my ideas down here as usual once there are fewer weeds and work-related items on my plate.

For today, I'd like to return to the idea of compassion. I'm supposed to be reading Karen Armstrong's book, Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life. It's the most recent book choice for Charleen's book club, of which I'm a member, and it turns out that my best friend in BC is doing a little course on the same book. Unfortunately, for me, at the moment, other stuff is getting in the way of books about compassion. Even so, I've enjoyed the video below, where Karen Armstrong talks about her dream of the Charter for Compassion. So here it is for this Sunday's reflection...


No comments: