Saturday, March 16, 2013

A simple song for a Sunday

I think I've moodled a fair bit about St. Francis already, and have already recommended Franco Zeffirelli's Brother Sun, Sister Moon as a beautiful film about my favourite saint, who is, as it turns out, the one who inspired the new Pope's name. I hope and pray that he lives up to the name and brings the church back to a deeper understanding of the beauty and value of creation and of all of our sisters and brothers...

Here's a beautiful moment from the movie, after Francesco and Clara and their friends celebrate in thanksgiving after they have rebuilt the abandoned church that becomes known as the Portiuncula. It carries a line that I absolutely love... "Do few things but do them well; heartfelt joys are holy." Enjoy!


P.S. Happy St. Patrick's Day -- with the ThinkFast this weekend, it wasn't much on my radar... but we'll all enjoy our potatoes for supper!

No comments: