Thursday, September 20, 2012

Farewell, Summer























On Sunday, I woke up to crunchy white grass in our yard. It wasn't a happy moment, but I soon realized that the damage to my plants was next to nil. Jack Frost fired his warning shot, so today I'm saying goodbye to the beauty spots in my yard while I have the time. Not that there are many left -- by the end of August, only the rare perennial is still blooming, and the annuals look sad and tired. Even so, I walked around and caught images of a few flowers and leaves before Jack gets more serious. Now I'll be able to look back at this moodling in the middle of winter and remember a lovely, almost-autumn day spent admiring the last of summer's beauty.

P.S. I think I finally figured out how to get rid of the word verification silliness that happens to people who want to leave a comment, but of course, I can't tell if I did it right. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know if you're still required to decipher silly letters just to send me a note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty Maria! Thanks for sharing! <3 Cousin CG

Maria K. said...

You're very welcome!