Sunday, July 19, 2026

Come to a concert!

I know, this is not your usual Sunday Reflection, but I can't help it!

We at Sanctuary of Peace are very excited about the Musicians for Canada Concert on Wednesday this week! A line up of wonderful Alberta musicians are putting on a show at the Hawrylak Park Amphitheatre on July 22 from 3-10 p.m., a mini folk music festival -- if you want to call it that.

I love some of these musicians, but in particular, P. J. Perry, who came to visit us one Sunday morning at Sanctuary. P.J. is a very kind man (besides being a saxophonist par excellence) and he's been part of the Edmonton Jazz music scene for many years. He spent a morning with us to learn about Sanctuary of Peace because we are one of three organizations among whom all the proceeds of this show will be split. That means our street outreach and lunch provision for folks in the heart of Edmonton will receive special support this year in the form of awareness raising, not to mention a few extra funds.

So if you're looking for some fun in the form of some great music, please join us this Wednesday. Tickets are available on Eventbrite, or by clicking here.

I'll be at the concert -- hope to see many friends there!

No comments: