Friday, December 24, 2021

A simple Christmas Prayer for 2021

Creator of all that is,
You are with us.

You hold your children
and our broken world
in your tenderness.

Let your Love 
shine through us
and help us
to care for each other
and all that is.

+Amen.

* * * * * * *

Most people will see Madonna and child, but this image has many other layers. It came to me as the pandemic began. I found myself climbing into God's lap to just be held. As time went on, I turned and looked with Creator at our world's brokenness, praying for wholeness for everything that is. The eagle feather is a sign of Creator, so it became part of the image early on.

Merry Christmas, dear readers. May you know yourselves to be held in love no matter what comes.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Heartfelt gratitude for this Simple Christmas Prayer Maria and the profound yet gentle image that accompanies it... or perhaps inspired it. For me, the image reminds me that we are ALL made of spirit and stardust born of the "incarnate creativity that gave birth to the Universe" as Carol Kilby describes in her book "Evolutionary Dancer".