Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Reflection: The path

Today's reflection is brought to you by
Psalm 16.

You,
O God,
are the path for my life,
you are my joy,
and you are my destination.

You
are all that I ever need,
my sustenance
is the breath You give me
just as much as the food I eat
or the cup I drink.

You 
hold my very existence
in your more-than-capable 
(and more-than-loving) hands.

So I keep my eyes fixed on You,
seeing You in every sunrise
or snowflake,
in every stranger's smile.

When I remember
that 
You 
are always with me,
my worries cannot move me.

My entire being celebrates your presence:
my heart is happy,
my soul turns somersaults,
and my body rests in the peace I find in You.

You 
are the path for my life,
you are my joy,
and you are my destination.

Let me remember You
in the midst of the darkness and struggle
that lives in every life.

May my life
show others that
You,
O God,
are the path for every life,
You are its joy,
and You are its destination.

My my life help others to discover that 
You
are all that our lives need;
our sustenance
is the breath you give us
just as much as the food we eat
or the cup we drink.

You hold our very existence
in your more-than-capable
(and more-than-loving) hands...

Thank You.

+Amen.

Psalm 16 is one of my favourites, especially the version below. How I loved to sing the alto part with my sister singing the soprano. Deep gratitude to Marty Haugen for all his beautiful music, but especially this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,,
How often I enjoy your Moodlings and sharings.. .Keep;em coming. And THANKS!
Psalm 16...and 27 are some of my favorites. We laugh in our family whenever some one says: that's my fav! How many can be a fav? !

How are you doing? You made reference in a recent post of "someone who broke your heart...." I do pray for your continued healing and for all your loved ones.

Thanks for your prayers...I have a few health issues. I list under "Entering my eighties...!

Mostly I just appreciate what my quieter life-style brings me , now for many months. So much to be grateful for.

Sending loving thoughts and a warm hug for a grey Nov day,
Rita

Maria K. said...

Hi, Auntie Rita, thank you for the lovely message. Yes, there are so many lovely psalms, I always have to say ONE OF my favourites. It's now a grey December Day, and I send warm hugs and prayers your way. Love, Maria