Saturday, September 19, 2020

Happy 10th Moodle-versary!

Yep, these moodlings have been online for 10 full years as of today. I can hardly believe how much has happened since my best friend talked me into blogging -- 1563 moodlings, over 31,000 views, 282 Simple Suggestions, and 651 exchanges with readers, not to mention numerous songs, videos, short stories, book reviews, true life anecdotes, jokes, kid-riddles, and other tomfoolery. I'm amazed that my little love letter to the world has gone on this long. And I'm grateful to Cathy, and to you, my readers, for your comments and encouragement over the years.

I enjoy looking back through these writings, some of which I can barely remember having created. My most unforgettable effort was the original series of 50 Laudato Si reflections spread out over a year, which suddenly seem to be enjoying more readership, and of which I am quite proud -- they were a gargantuan effort for someone who was never really fond of writing essays on the writings of others! One a week, more or less!

These moodlings began because I can't stay silent before the huge environmental problems our world is facing. When the pandemic arrived back in March, I took a break from my second batch of Laudato Si Sunday Reflections, but one of these days I might pick them up again... you just never know.

I'm still in the thick of harvest (we started clearing out the raised bed garden boxes today), but once I'm done dealing with pears, plums, tomatoes and whatever else needs my full attention, I have a number of moodlings on my mind that will appear here once again. 

In the meantime, to celebrate this moodle-versary, I think I'll have a piece of yesterday's pear kuchen (pictured above), and go put away the 8 or so cabbages I picked today... 

No comments: