Friday, April 1, 2016

Return to my happy place

It's good to be back. In the greenhouse, I mean.


Of course, these little babies didn't plant themselves.
I've been in and out since mid February, when I brought
little planters into the dining room to start 
peppers, tomatoes and eggplants.




Also decided to plant a pot of lettuce, pictured above,
which now needs to be thinned...


These are the early tomatoes, that we hope to enjoy 
by the end of June.


When you save your own seed, you can plant
plenty of extras in case some don't come up. 
These are the later summer tomatoes. 
I only have room for about two dozen of them,
so I might have a few extra to give away...
depending on how much space I have to keep them.


 This year I thought I'd try growing my own bedding plants,
and they're taking up my usual tomato space, but it's all good.
I'm happy, surrounded by green growing things, and this morning
I planted lettuce in our cold frame. Looking forward to
organic homegrown veggies!

On another note, there are guys on our garage at the moment,
beginning the process of installing some solar panels.
Stay tuned...

No comments: