Monday, March 21, 2016

We all want to be loved as we are

In honour of World Down Syndrome Day (today!), the people at L'Arche International have put out another beautiful video in the #AsIAm series. I think this one is my favourite yet. Raphaella's love for her dad and his love for her is a gorgeous thing to witness.



My friends and relatives who possess 3 copies of the 21st chromosome are some of my favourite people. They have a knack for making my day -- Sarah, who calls me her favourite oldest cousin in Edmonton, Bethany, who loves to dance, Miranda, who loves to sing, John, who gives more high fives than anyone I know, and Tim, whose quiet sense of humour and desire to give people a sung blessing at the drop of a hat -- all of them and many others like them make me smile regularly.

Our world would be a sadder place without these beautiful individuals, don't you think?

Happy World Down Syndrome Day to all my special friends...

No comments: