Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another gardening season begins

We're in for a few really cold days in the next week or so, so it makes me happy to see these little guys -- my first heirloom tomatoes of the year (peppers are lazy louts -- still haven't roused themselves). I've started these on the early side, hoping that I'll soon be able to move them out to our almost finished carpentry shed transformed into greenhouse, which is coming along. Lee is just waiting for the humidity and temperature sensors to arrive this week, and there's some cleaning and painting to be done, but it won't be long before I'm organizing for our first growing season out there!

Today I'm planning to vacuum up sawdust and otherwise dream about what it will be like out there... and maybe study my greenhouse books...

No comments: