Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saskatoon Moon


After weeks of waiting for my voice to get back to full throttle after a cold (it still cracks, as you'll see at the end), Christina and I said "the heck with it, let's do it," and made this video for Cathy (who is also down with some sort of bug at the moment), and Uncle Fred, and anyone with a fondness for Saskatoon, a lovely little river city in Saskatchewan. If you want to hear the orginal by Connie Kaldor and Roy Forbes, it's on Connie's Wood River album, which is altogether wonderful and one of my favourites!

5 comments:

NatureGirl said...

"Runnin' back to Saskatoon, Red Deer, Terrace and a Medicine Hat, Sing another prairie tune...Sing another prairie tune..."

That is what you reminded me of today...only the one of greatest classic rock bands of all time...and THE best rock vocalist! If you ever run into Burton please tell him I said hi...

El said...

Good afternoon,

This is a great cover of Roy Forbes. Beautiful voices.

Best regards from France!

Maria K. said...

Thank you! Best regards from Canada, too!

Anonymous said...

Hello Again,

I commented your cover already 2 years ago, I can't forget this song of Roy Forbes and Connie Kaldor. Unfortunately, I can't find it on the web (youtube and others... ?).

So, do you mind if I ask you to send me this song by email ? I really want to hear the real version again, because I heard it only one time on a radio station in Calgary few years ago, and I kept a delicious remember of this song!

Thank you for your help!

Eleonore
missills [@] gmail . com

Maria K. said...

Hi, Eleonore,

Yes, it is a delicious song! Unfortunately, your email address didn't work, and anyway, I can't send music files by email... but I did find Saskatoon Moon on iTunes. If you have access to it, or know a teenager who does, just look up Connie Kaldor in the search bar, and her Wood River Album should come up. I think the song itself costs only $0.99.

Hope this helps. Good luck!