- 3 apple pies (with more to come yet, I hope) and plenty of other fruit baked into yummy things
- Jams made
- Veggies blanched and frozen
- Apples and plums picked with my 92-year-old Italian friend, Ralph, and a couple of wonderful visits with him and his lovely wife, Lidia (that included delicious Italian cookies and espresso to keep my nerves jangling for the rest of the day)!
- Plenty of dog walks through autumn splendor
- Jay gone back to school (grade twelve!)
- Compost sifted, dug into garden boxes and started up again for the winter with freshly pulled garden stalks, plus Red Wiggler worms shared with several vermi-composting friends
- Tabs kept on my in-laws, mostly by phone
- Tomatoes gathered from the L'Arche community garden bed with my friends at Day Program (and another fun time with the Library Lady)
- Lovely sunset strolls with my hubby
- Minutes taken for the monthly L'Arche board meeting
- Hot dogs handed out at my very last Welcome Back School Barbeque and Meet the Teacher Night
- Almost finished reading The Brothers Karamazov
- Next spring's tulips planted
- Letters written to a few friends, and last but not least
- The garden went from this...
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
A busy month
Since I dropped the online moodling one month ago, it's been a pretty busy time, to put it mildly. Looking back at my list of to do's, I see that I managed most things...
still a bit of work left...
And there were special visits from friends who don't come to town very often anymore, we had a September Taizé prayer, I prayed with seasonofcreation.org, and life moved along as it does. At times I was tempted to cut short my "time off" from moodling because I really wanted to write about something, but at other times I wondered if I'd ever pick it up again.
But I'm back, after a very busy month. Did you miss me?