Friday, May 8, 2020

What's going on in the front yard...

How I love spring, and seeing things grow! I'm always amazed how one day, there's a little green plant, and the next, the same plant suddenly offers a little flower! Or at least, that's how it seems. On this May 8th, there are blue scilla, purple violas, little yellow anemones, and a few assorted tulips making an appearance.

Three years ago, I decided to take a picture a day of the front yard, thinking that I'd put them all together like a time lapse film and see things grow frame by frame. I took about 3 dozen pictures out my front window, trying to take it from the same spot with the same angle every time. The pictures aren't bad, but it would have been better if I could have had my camera on a stationary tripod, and if I could have done it at the same time of day and only one kind of weather.

This week during the rainy periods, I put the pictures together as best I could with my photo program, and the result is the little amateur video below. When I look out today, I think our yard has reached the 26 second mark or thereabouts. I wish I had taken more daily pictures between the tulips and the lupins, but that's always planting season in our back yard, so the picture-a-day project was forgotten. The video is what it is, and it's kind of neat to see how things progress. Next time I'll use a tripod. Enjoy!


No comments: