Friday, May 26, 2017

Good tired

It's been a week of hard work to put in the garden and get the yard in shape. At the end of every day, I drag myself into the house to put myself to bed. But my Tai chi through the winter has paid off in that I have yet to be stiff from all the digging, hauling and planting... just my feet are tired!

Here's what's been happening in our yard...


The tulips I dreamed of all winter did not disappoint...


The Emily Carr rosebush that Lee gave me 
for my birthday started to bloom...


My generous guy also built and installed two raised bed boxes
(for the pumpkins and zucchinis that need more space 
than our back garden has to offer) and he also 
moved two yards of compost around...


Jay's Mother's Day present found a home among the flowers...


The vegetable garden was planted 
and staked, ready for tall stuff like 
scarlet runner beans and snow peas.
I just need to spread fresh straw for 
pathways and strawberries...


And there's been garden salad every night...

It feels good to know that everything is finally planted, our greenhouse is empty and shut down until September, and we're just waiting for sun, rain and the growth of good things. I love this season of great potential and God's beauty ever ancient and new. To all my fellow gardeners, blessings on your efforts!


No comments: