Thursday, September 15, 2016

Love those September strolls

I'm so lucky to live less than a kilometre, as the crow flies, from the North Saskatchewan River. Because we live near one of its elbows, there are two gorgeous parks extending out at almost 90 degrees from each other that are perfect for dog walks. So this week, Shadow and I have been alternating between Strathearn and Forest Heights Parks, watching from different vantage points as the river valley changes into its fall colours.


Looking toward Forest Heights...


Looking toward Strathearn...
and all the gorgeous colours in between the two outlooks...








Alberta isn't so fancy as Eastern Canada this time of year -- it just turns green and gold in the fall with a few small splashes of red here and there.  But those reds are stunning -- this morning I saw a gorgeous scarlet Burning Bush, but I didn't have the camera with me. Might just have to go back there tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll post my favourite hollyhock picture.


Don't you just love fall colours?

No comments: