Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Time disappears...

...when I'm in my garden. I step out the door and lose three hours. There's just so much happening these days!


Pumpkins plumping up...


too many scarlet runner beans to keep up with...


Brussels sprouts sprouting
(my experimental crop this year)...


the return of the 2000-year-old squash...


more kohlrabi than I know how to handle...


our first cabbage patch...


and winter tomato plants coming along
(saved them from my compost pile a few weeks ago).
In the front yard...


gorgeous little monks in their hoods...


the last of the day lilies...


plenty of zinnias...


stuff to cure the common cold (echinacea)...


and a hummingbird's-eye-view of honeysuckle vine
(we have a little green male and his mate
who seem to be visiting regularly this summer).

There's lots more going on -- of the picking, cutting, and blanching variety.
If you feel like coming to help, I promise you can take some home with you. 
But if you're not interested in free organic produce, there's always


2 comments:

Nicola T said...

Looks great! We're trying brussel sprouts too this year. I hope they do well. I'm curious about your winter tomatoes. Will you grow them in the greenhouse or indoors?

Maria K. said...

We'll keep them in the greenhouse as long as possible, and move them indoors if necessary -- generally, we don't heat the greenhouse in the darkest months. I'm hoping the tomatoes will be ripening by November, but we'll see.