Friday, November 20, 2015

God's love letter(s)

I was supposed to post this last week (after Laudato Si: Sunday Reflection #16... God's love letter), but somehow posted something else first... so here is an account of God's love letters to me in the last two weeks or so... God is in all these things, in everything, really...

The warmth of my blankets
The first sip of a good cup of coffee
The good morning shouts of a blue jay at the sunflower I attached to the fence
A breath of cold fresh air as I step outside
The kiss of a pale Novermber sun when I sat against a south facing wall
A rare hug from Darren
The excitement of the dog as he welcomes me home
The satisfaction I feel when the kitchen is tidy
A kiss from my husband as he goes out the door for the day
A snuggle with my daughter (who climbed into bed with me one or two mornings)
The smell of clean sheets hung out to dry
The frost on the edge of a leaf, marking its intricacies
The wind blowing across the long grass in the park
The pinks and oranges in a spectacular sunset
Snowflakes
Our veterans
Laughter
The joy of making music, or just listening to it
Sadness
A smile from a stranger
Starlight
A handshake when meeting someone new
Prayer (communication with God)
The long light and shadows of a November afternoon
My daughter's rosy cheeks as she comes home from university
A phone call from the one who has left home
My husband's hand holding mine as we go for our evening walk

This is only a partial list. Where does God say "I love you" to you?




No comments: