Saturday, May 23, 2015

Happy Pentecost!

Please join us for a special event Sunday evening if you're in the neighbourhood...



If you're not able to join us, here's a special Taizé chant to celebrate the day... It's one of the first chants I ever heard, and one that fills me with an inexplicable, deep joy every time I hear it, the Holy Spirit's doing, I'm sure...



I never used to give the Spirit much thought, as relating to the Father and the Son seemed more natural in my younger life... but of late, it's the third person of the Trinity whose name is on my lips the most, the wild and windy Spirit that creates and blesses in unexpected ways... Come, Holy Spirit, has become my favourite prayer. Simple, yet to the point in every situation!

Words from today's prayer on the Taizé website:

Come, Holy Spirit, from heaven shine forth with your radiant love.
Come, Father of the poor; come, generous Spirit; come, Light of our hearts.
Perfect Comforter, you make peace to dwell in our soul:
Come, Holy Spirit.
Wonderful refreshment, in our labor you offer rest; in our trials, strength:
Come, Holy Spirit.
Kindly Light, enter the inmost depth of our hearts:
Come, Holy Spirit.
Bend our rigidity, inflame our apathy:
Come, Holy Spirit.
Send rain upon our dry ground, heal our wounded souls:
Come, Holy Spirit.
Give us lasting joy: Come, Holy Spirit, from heaven shine forth with your radiant love.
Come, Holy Spirit!

No comments: