Monday, September 29, 2014

Beets, computer issues and a Sunday video on a Monday afternoon

My regular rhythm as a moodler has been way off for the last few weeks, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get it back. Those who are regular readers know that I usually post new moodlings on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, but with work and garden work taking so much time of late, things haven't been terribly regular.

So I was looking forward to Edmonton's L'Arche International 50th Anniversary Gala on September 20th for all sorts of reasons, the two primary ones being that it would be an enjoyable evening (it DEFINITELY was!) and that my time would become my own once the tickets were sold and the silent auction was history.

Of course, now my time is my own, and I'm doing my best to catch up on all the produce that was temporarily shelved for the last several weeks. Yesterday I peeled and chopped five gallons (20 L) of beets, and today I'm turning 4 gallons (16 L) of tomatoes into spaghetti sauce.

I thought I would at least post a Sunday video yesterday, but my computer hard drive needed some attention, so seven hours went to that...

So here's a Sunday video, on a Monday afternoon, just because I'm listening to a YouTube Taize playlist as I make my spaghetti sauce. This is such a gorgeous Polish chant, attributed to Pope John Paul II, who simply echoed the message of Christ. It translates: "God is love. Keep your courage to live for love. Do not be afraid."

No comments: