Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Simple Suggestion #212... Meet a farmer or two...

I've taken a long break from my Simple Suggestions for making life easier on the planet and us, but I'm a long way from running out of them! They just keep coming, fast and furious, and I could probably post several a day... but my friend SuperSu does that already on Twitter (you can find her by clicking here), and besides, with various beds in the garden demanding the hands of a harvester, I don't have enough time for dealing with all that produce plus moodling AND tweeting! (Besides, I've never really gotten into Twitter much...)

Here's a suggestion for Albertans this weekend -- it's Open Farm Days August 23rd and 24th -- the weekend that farmers welcome visitors to meet them and learn about their operations and the local production of the food we eat. This video made my mouth water a few times... and has me hoping to spend Sunday visiting a few farms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnTNBebcHA

For more information, check out http://www.albertafarmdays.com/. And if you're not from Alberta, check around and see if there isn't something similar in your neck of the woods. You might be happily surprised!

P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Click here.

No comments: