Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Simple Suggestion #210... Take life more slowly

This is what we're trying to do this week. On the North Sea, in a little apartment with an ocean view. But vacation isn't the only time we should try to take life slowly. Every day should have at least a few moments into which we can retreat and savour the fact that we are living and sensate beings who are built to appreciate the world around us. It's just so much better to live at the pace of grace, rather than in the rat race!

As I slowly sip my morning coffee or tea, I can inhale its fragrance and enjoy its warmth. As I dress and make the bed, I can unhurriedly appreciate the texture of the fabrics that I touch. As I walk outside, I can marvel at the warmth of the sun and the freshness of the air... but if I'm in a hurry all the time, these simple pleasures are lost.

Summer is a good time to take life slowly. Anytime is a good time -- because when we move more slowly, we are able to take in and be mindful of more of the blessings that life brings. How will you live in the pace of grace today?

P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Click here.

No comments: