Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Speaking simply

Today I am doing the unthinkable (for me), leaving on a jet plane, not telling you where just yet (though you're probably in the know since most of my readers are family and friends). For the time that I am away, my moodlings might not follow my usual Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday routine. And some days I may just leave you with some words of wisdom that I have been collecting from some of my favourite writers. Simple words that contain simple beauty. Like this:
Some people have the gift of speaking to the whole community, others to smaller groups. Those who feel incapable of speaking at all often believe that speaking demands great competence and a wealth of ideas. But people are touched by the simplest words - the ones that come with humility, truth and love.
Jean Vanier, Community and Growth, p.175

Enjoy the beauty that is summer!

1 comment:

Take a minute and tell me what you think...