Friday, December 21, 2012

Simple Christmas idea #21 -- Hold your own candlelit concert

A musical interlude...

Here's a lovely, easy Christmas idea. Round up the candles in your house, light them and situate them around your living room or wherever your stereo is located, turn out the lights and play a recording of Handel's Messiah or other Christmas choral music to which you have access. I'll be listening to The Mystery of Christmas by the Elora (Ontario) Festival Singers, a cd given to us by one of Lee's cousins. It's a mix of traditional carols and some English carols that are scarcely heard, like Jesus Christ the Apple Tree. I'm going to give it my full attention, as it usually plays while I'm preparing for Christmas and I don't get to hear all the lyrics.

What are you listening to?

No comments: