Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy 40th Anniversary, L'Arche Edmonton!

It's very late (for me) and I'm pleasantly exhausted after a wonderful anniversary celebration for our L'Arche Community's 40th anniversary. People from all 40 years of our community's existence came together this evening to reminisce, dance, sing, honour one another and celebrate a very inclusive group of people with and without disabilities. It was marvelous!

I'd love to post my video of everyone grooving to African/Celtic Fusion music by Wajo! but I can't really do that without permission from the people I filmed. So instead, I'll leave you with a message from the man who inspired our community's founders to open the first Western Canadian L'Arche home in Sherwood Park in December of 1972.

Jean Vanier recorded this little piece to encourage young people across Canada at WE Day to think bigger than themselves, and to reach out to do things to make the world a better place... just like L'Arche Edmonton has made the world a better place. Happy Sunday, and Happy 40th Anniversary, L'Arche Edmonton!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jean Vanier for inspiring us to dream bigger dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute and tell me what you think...