Thursday, August 9, 2012

A sunny spot


Here's my favourite part of our yard these days...
which isn't even IN our yard. It's the patch beside our
back alley driveway, and it's the sunniest spot in the mornings.


This is the companion planting I spoke of back in mid-July... Sunflowers, scarlet runner beans, and spaghetti squash, all doing really well. There's also a few daylilies, bachelor buttons and some borage to give a little contrast to all the yellows and greens. But what I really love is the way the sun backlights the view when I'm in my yard picking cucumbers.




Speaking of which... harvest officially began yesterday...


Beans, golden heirloom cherry tomatoes, beets, zucchini, carrots, cukes, 
enough Windsor broad beans to make my favourite quinoa salad,
and lots of regular red and golden tomatoes.
Come feast with us!

Happy Summer!

No comments: