Friday, April 20, 2012

God-incidence?

My friend Christine says there is no such thing as a co-incidence -- rather, there are many "God-incidents" each day. And today two things fell into my inbox that seem to fit that category, begging me to share them. Maybe you know someone who needs to hear this today, too. So below, you'll find a beautiful video by Max Schlick, spoken by Neil deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist (I love universe stuff! -- it reminds me of the One who built a home for us), and some beautiful words from Jean Vanier, my favourite humanitarian and the founder of L'Arche (I think of him as my CEO, and a great one he is!) Have a good weekend!



You are not all alone. You are part of this beautiful universe where each element has its place; each one is important. This world has existed for millions of years. The sun rises every morning and sets every evening. The stars shine brilliantly far above the clouds and the storms. They are so beautiful, and so marvelously arranged! You are a part of this immense and marvelous universe!
--Jean Vanier, Seeing Beyond Depression,  p. 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a minute and tell me what you think...