Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#72/100 Simple Suggestions... Recognize your true riches

I don't know about you, but my true riches aren't in any bank.

One of them kisses me every morning and every evening -- and other times in between.

Three more sleep in the beds in my house -- and complain about my cooking sometimes.

One of them flies around the living room -- and eats my houseplants when I'm not paying attention.

Several of them live within a few blocks or miles from me; a lot of them, quite a bit further away.

One has been with me since the first day of Grade One.

Another seems to have ESP, often sending me an email just as I'm thinking I should send him one.

A couple of them take me for walks in my neighbourhood.

Others laugh with me at the lunch room at L'Arche, or walk the hallways to pay me a visit.

One of them lets me visit her on quiet Tuesday afternoons.

Another brings me a big smile and maybe even a hug when he visits the Clothing Room for new socks or underwear.

I pass the sign of peace to some of them at church on Sunday mornings.

Others help me to make beautiful music.

A lot of them are in photo albums and diaries.

A very wise man once said, "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matt 6:21)."

Where are your true riches?


P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Try here.

No comments: