Thursday, September 8, 2011

#70 of 100 Simple Suggestions... Have a picnic

Here's a great suggestion for today in Edmonton, with a temperature to reach 31 degrees C (88F). Pack up some sandwiches and a salad, find a park, and have a picnic for supper. We won't have warm weather for much longer, and it's not a good idea to heat up the house even more by cooking, so why not enjoy the great outdoors? I made some wonderful Tabouleh last night from garden stuff, and I'll pick up a loaf of French Bread and some cheese, and drag my daughters (and their homework) to a river valley picnic table, I think. Or maybe we'll just sit at the table under our pear tree and hope the pears don't fall on us (they're not quite ripe yet...)


In the meantime, have a great day, and remember, life can be a picnic if you look on the sunny side!

P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Try here.

1 comment:

Laeli said...

Some of my best meals have been picnics:)