Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I did during my summer vacation


In the last three weeks, I waded across a mountain stream,


said hello to a mountain goat,


 ran across a glacier,


 saw a marvel of engineering,


 slept really well in my favourite fresh air bed,


experienced a total adrenaline rush,


stood back as some guys threw fish around at a world famous market,


walked a labyrinth,


ate fantastic seafood
with a friend I hadn't seen in 23 years,


swam in a lake,


visited an artist's studio,


glimpsed a pod of orcas from a ferry,


built sandcastles,


took walks with my favourite friend,


did some beachcombing,


climbed a mountain,


had a boat ride,


enjoyed some icecream


and "food heaven"
(baked eggplant with sour cream sauce, pomegranate, and delicious mid-east spices
prepared by aforementioned favourite friend),


followed a trail of murals all the way to a fantastic performance of 
"Fiddler on the Roof,"


visited my favourite garden,


rode a killer whale on a very pretty carousel,


watched fireworks (two nights in a row!),


heard "Symphony Splash" at a sun-drenched harbour,


met "Sammy the Seal" at Fisherman's Wharf,


checked out the most recent Winter Olympics venue,


spent seven hours roaming and relaxing in Stanley Park,


drove home down pretty valleys,

AND TOOK WAY TOO MANY PICTURES!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved it.