Wednesday, July 13, 2011

#40 of 100 Simple Suggestions... Use reusable shopping bags

Twenty-some years ago, I was promoting a show in Belgium, and one of the ways I did it was to go to the grocery mart and help customers pack their groceries and a small promotional flyer into cloth shopping bags. At the time, I remember thinking those reusable bags were a great idea.

It only took fifteen years for the idea to reach my home town, and for the past several years, I've been taking my own grocery bags with me whenever I shop. What I'm not so good at is remembering to take reusable bags with me when I'm not shopping for groceries. But this week, I vow to do that, as I have daughters who need running shoes, swim suits and shorts. I'm not a big fan of shopping, but avoiding the use of the plastic bags that are clogging our oceans and flying from our treetops makes me feel a little better about it.


P.S. Looking for more Simple Suggestions? Try here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a good idea. I need to learn a little bit about how to put groceries in the reusable shopping bags. Any suggestions?