Saturday, October 30, 2010

Breathing room

When I get to heaven, I'm going to ask God about why everything always seems to happen at once. This has been an extremely busy week, to the point that my moodling has been mostly in my head, and then forgotten. It's all good, as a friend of mine who is much busier than I am often says, but I am someone who, in living simply, strives to have plenty of "breathing room" in my life. I do everything possible to avoid overbooking the hours of the day, mostly because I'm one of those reflective people who needs quiet to think, and because my body doesn't handle stress the way it used to.

Today the stress levels are up, though. As life would have it, I'm doing a workshop called Rethinking Christmas: Moving Toward Sustainable Simplicity, from 10 to 3. I'm not one who likes to put myself out there, but this is one of those things that is important enough for me to stress over, my little effort to save the planet, ha! As life would also have it, a friend from San Antonio whom we don't see often is in town, just for the day, and he's spending the afternoon at our house. And it's Halloween weekend, and it's our turn to sing at church tomorrow.

It's all good, but it would be much nicer one thing at a time. Of course, life doesn't work that way, and that's what keeps it interesting! Now, if only my hands would stop shaking...

No comments: